Hello Lakeland community,
The Backyard is looking to expand our team! We would love to find other passionate Lakelanders who share our values, and who would be excited to offer a helping hand in bringing a community garden to their very own community.
If you identify with any of the below, and are interested in this opportunity, please read on.
- Passion for organic gardening and helping the local community
- Believes that growing your own food, and eating locally grown food, is crucial to health and the environment
- Creative eye who enjoys working with natural elements — and upcycling!
- Knowledgeable with plants (native plants = bonus)
- Loves to be outside and get your hands dirty!
So, who are we, what are our values, and what do we hope to do for the community?
The Backyard Community Gardens will be a place for Lakelanders to come together and grow their own food. It is our absolute mission to make locally and organically grown food more accessible to the community. We feel strongly that organic and sustainable growing practices are vital to protecting the environment and human health.
For more information on our mission, head over here.
These are volunteer positions. While we are beginning our search now, during the holidays, we are planning to bring on new team members in January.
So, if you are interested in coming on-board, please email us with the subject “Interested In Being A Team Member”, explaining why you would love to join us! We’re so excited to hear from you!
– The Backyard Team