Hello Lakeland community,
The Backyard is looking to expand our core team of volunteers! We would love to find other passionate Lakelanders who share our values, and who would be excited to offer a helping hand in bringing a community garden to their very own community.
If you identify with any of the below, and are interested in this volunteer opportunity, please read on.
- Passion for organic gardening and helping the local community
- Believes that growing your own food, and eating locally grown food, is crucial to health and the environment
- Creative eye who enjoys working with natural elements — and upcycling!
- Knowledgeable with plants (native plants = bonus)
- Loves to be outside and get your hands dirty!
So, who are we, what are our values, and what do we hope to do for the community?
The Backyard Community Gardens will be a place for Lakelanders to come together and grow their own food. It is our absolute mission to make locally and organically grown food more accessible to the community. We feel strongly that organic and sustainable growing practices are vital to protecting the environment and human health.
For more information on our mission, head over here.
If you are interested in coming on-board, please email us with the subject “Interested In Being A Team Member”, explaining why you would love to join us! Please also let us know in your email if you are open to doing remote meetings when necessary (via applications such as Google Hangouts, Skype, or Facebook Messenger). This is not an absolute requirement, but very helpful to our team!
We’re so excited to hear from you!
– The Backyard Team